The mission of Kasem Cares is to eliminate all forms of elder abuse, including isolation through education and awareness, support of social change, and community service programs. We are dedicated to fighting elder abuse and protecting the integrity of the family unit through advocacy, and seek to empower and unify individuals and organizations in having a voice to speak up against violence against seniors to help the aging population maintain their independence and dignity.
April 21-23, 2016 Conferencing on Aging
Physicians, Nurses, and Health Educators will be eligible to receive continuing education credits from the NPHE. More info here.
Kasem Cares is devoted to help change the way our society honors and cares for our parents and seniors. Kasem Cares invites you to join an expanding group of passionate professionals and community-minded families who want to preserve the visitation rights of adult children and loving family members.
Over half our population will soon be qualified as senior citizens. Over 100 million adults are over age 50.
- By 2030, one out of every five people in the U.S. will be 65-plus.
- It is estimated that more than 1 in 10 older adults experience some form of abuse.
- Seniors who have been abused have a 300% higher risk of death in the next 3 years compared to those who weren’t.
- In almost 90% of elder abuse and neglect incidents, the perpetrator is a family member. 2/3 of perpetrators are adult children or spouses.
- For every reported incident of elder abuse, 5 others go unreported.
Please follow and support our mission.
Kerri Kasem, Founder
Kasem Cares is 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, and donations are tax deductible. For your reference our tax identification number is 47-3610518. Please contact your tax professional for additional details.